Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October is here!

Tricks & Treats

Want to have a spooky Halloween bash but don’t know where to start? Our Concept Art team has taken all of the scary guesswork out of spine-chilling party preparations. Check out these fun projects for inspiration!


Robyn created our eerily inviting Halloween food table:

“My treat table was inspired by a sheet of paper that comes in the Witches’ Brew Designer Series Paper. Creating picks and labels for my treats was quick and easy. And the paper coordinates perfectly with the Witches’ Brew Designer Washi Tape and the Basic Black 3/4" Chevron Ribbon. Putting together a selection of spooky snacks was so simple!”


Chrissy created this darling invitation using My Digital Studio:

“I created this invitation using MDS elements like Eventful Year and First Edition Designer Series Paper, then added traditional products like Burlap Ribbon, punches, Pumpkin Pie 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, the new Witches’ Brew Designer Washi Tape, etc. Hybrid invitations make it easy to include all of your party information, but they still have a handmade feel when you add a bit of traditional paper crafting. I love how this invitation turned out and hope you find it inspiring!”


Next, Melody has created a wonderful décor piece. Here’s what she had to say about this frightfully fun project:

“Creating décor pieces is by far my favorite thing to do for Halloween. Stampin' Up! has so many fun Halloween-themed products to use for creating projects to decorate your home. Some of my favorite, new products are the Build a Banner Simply Created Kit and the accessory kits that coordinate with the banner. I used the Stampin' Spritzer to dye the banner pennant Basic Gray. I also dyed a strip of Creped Filter Paper using Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill, then used my Paper Snips to create the fringe. Last, I dyed the Silver Glimmer Paper with Summer Starfruit ink to give it an eerie, yellow hue. I layered pieces of Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper with the other pieces to add more fun textures and patterns. The sparkly skull was the perfect element to finish the project.”


To treat her guests, Jen dressed up a Mini Muslin Bag:

“I love the Mini Muslin Bag. It’s so easy to add a little color and embellish for any occasion. Using the Chevron Border Punch, I created a stencil. I laid the stencil over my bag and spritzed it using the Stampin’ Spritzer and the Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill. After stamping a cute greeting directly onto the bag, I finished it off with little Witches’ Brew Designer Series Paper flags and a Basic Black button from the Neutrals Collection Designer Buttons. Add some candy, and this little bag is ready to delight!”



For an alternate treat, Arika created this darling glittery bag:

“Using a mixture of Crystal Effects and Orange Stampin’ Glitter, I brushed the glitter on the outside of a Cellophane Bag. Then, I embellished it with a piece of the Basic Black Chevron ribbon (cut thinner), Whisper White Baker’s Twine, and Witches’ Brew Designer Series Paper. The greeting is punched from a sheet of Designer Series Paper using the 1" Circle Punch. The glitter really makes this treat bag so festive and fun.”

How do you plan to celebrate??  Email me a comment or leave on here.  You can contact me by email at rheastamps@hotmail.com

There is also a great hostess promotion starting today--$250 orders will get an extra $25 in hostess benefits!  You can get this by doing a customer order, or a workshop order!  I will post more about this great offer later!  Click the "Shop Now" icon on the right side of this blog to head to my website to order.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment