Thursday, July 30, 2015

Watermelon card

Today's card is another swap card I did for my July swap, plus I took a few to convention with me. 
 It uses some of the new in colors, watermelon wonder and cucumber crush.  It took me a bit to see how would be easiest to make the watermelon  piece.  After some trial and error, this is what I felt was easiest to achieve the watermelon piece.
 
 
Cut white cs to 3 3/4" x 5" and then mark with a pencil at the very bottom at 1 7/8" to mark the middle.

 
Take the work of art stamp set and start creating the watermelon.  Using the tick mark, line up from the to the corners at the top to make the diagonal cuts.  Using paper snips trim the top of the green to create the rind.
Using the tree builder punch and the 1- 3/4 inch scallop circle punches to create the bite mark and the seeds of the watermelon out of a scrap of black cs.
 

 
Add some watermelon wonder ribbon and the greeting comes from the set named Num-Num.  All supplies are in the 2015-2016 annual catalog.  If you don't have one yet and want one, feel free to contact me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment