Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Nature Walk

It is a nice day here today--calm before the storm as they are predicting snow again for us!  I am sooooooo tired of winter!  I am hoping that it doesn't happen and that the weather man is WRONG.  Today's post reminds me of spring with the flowers from the stamp set Nature Walk that is in the occasions mini catalog that is current until the end of April.  Take a look in there and make sure there in nothing you can't live without as I can't guaratee that we will see it ever again.  Some of the sets and items usually move into the new catalog but I don't know what ones.  You'll find this set on page 27 and it has matching DSP called Botanical Gazette on page 26 that goes with it. 

This card starts with an early espresso base and then an early espresso layer that was run thru the Big Shot with the framed tulip folder from the occasion's mini.  The focal piece was stamped by coloring in the stamp with markers of old olive, marina mist, and early espresso.  After all the stamping on the vanilla piece I then ran it through the Big Shot with the square lattice embossing folder this time.  I layered it to an old olive piece and tied the linen thread around it a couple times.  Using the tiny tags set I made a couple of tags and threaded them on with linen thread.  Tags were punched using the jewelry tag punch.  Then a layer of botanical gazette dsp layered to not quite navy and assembled all the layers and it was a done deal.  Well, it is time to head out to put some pairs out to pasture from the corrals; as Jeff has just hollered at me that he is ready to go.  We have our son, Jeff, home for a week to help with calving while he is on spring break from Missoula.  Isn't that the way most kids want to spend their spring break??  He has enjoyed the night checks for his dad, giving him a well deserved break.  It has been great to have him home and is one of my excuses as to why I haven't been here very regular, however, it is mostly the calving season that takes all my time these days.  Thanks for stopping by and keep checkin' in as I got my new goodies in the mail today so I hope to do some playing soon!  We'll have some sneak peeks from the summer mini coming your way.


 

1 comment:

  1. The No. 147 might well be one of my new favs from SU!. I really like the simple elegance of your card here.

    ReplyDelete