Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Life and Times

So I thought I would share a little of what's been keeping me so absent from this blog lately.......



Here is one of our two year olds with her first calf!  Just a day old here.


Naptime for some, lunchtime for others, no schedule around here these days!


This is another two year old with her first calf.  She is one out of my milking stock that have beed bred to angus for so long they don't show much of the milking stock anymore but they still provide good milk and I use them for nurse cows if we need them.  She is gentle tho--you can pet her and feed her by hand.

Now for the stamping post for the day--I will share a card that I saw on a blog somewhere and tweaked it to my liking.  I love this mocha morning specialty dsp.


Also uses the My Friend stamp set, some 3/8 inch taffeta ribbon, & scallop trim border punch.

Don't forget the mystery hostess workshop is coming yet later this week.....stay tuned for details!  Get those wish lists made!





1 comment:

  1. Smart touch to tuck in the scalloped brown! Liking the subtle touches to elegance, Rhea!
    Had to rush right over here from your email to spot those babies healthy and not at all snowy! Standing tall and braced for spring winds, that is one quick to follow suit calf. Good to see mama nurse cow looking protectively over her calf. She's been such a great cow to herd and care for her young and the calves of other cows not quite so on top of the 'program'. Thanks for the pics, real life! That fresh hay is so inviting after realizing how much muck mud you are tromping about each trip out to check heifers. Great contrast shot. Appreciate your taking time to send us all news from a sunny SU! day. When time allows, please change addy to Thkx Keep Looking UP!

    ReplyDelete