Monday, March 21, 2011

Calving Season!

It is calving season for us--one of our busiest times of the year here at the ranch.  Here are some pics of our daily life. 

feeding time in the evening~~they say if you feed at night they will calve during the day--I don't know about that--hubby still got me up at 11:30 pm last night to pull a calf!  Works sometimes, I suppose.

A first time mom headed out with her new baby.  This little guy had a rough start --I had to tube him with some colostrum early one morning as he wasn't strong enough to get up and suck.  He got three feedings from me that day before he could finally stand on his own.  You would never know that now--he has lots of energy!

Hubby helping me put pairs out to pasture.  We have had some beautiful weather lately but we are under a winter storm warning for today and tomorrow again.  All good things must come to an end and just in time for our first full day of spring!

1 comment:

  1. Love your pictures, Rhea. Charley and I went out yesterday afternoon on the 4-wheeler and took a bunch of pictures of the new calves. It was a nice day, especially compared to today. We have terrible wind. At least there's no snow/rain...yet. Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete