Thursday, March 3, 2011

Downline challenge

Today I am posting some cards that my downline and myself made to follow a sketch challenge.  I had some club members, and customers help to judge them for me.  Thanks ladies!  I think you will love these cards.  I had 5 ladies participate and I am posting mine as well but it was not part of the judging--I just wanted to play along!


The first card is made by Mary--didn't she do a nice job with the sketch?  My favorite part was her sewing of the two lines on the tangerine tango cardstock.  The button with linen thread just pulls it all together.  The second card was made by Jamie and she did a lovely job as well.  I love the springtime vintage dsp and how it goes so well with this Easter Blossoms set and the pearls along with the rose red seam binding are my fav's here.  I just love the color combo.  These two cards tied for the winning entry,


The first card here is made by Denice--it looks so like spring and I am so ready for that!  I am just tired of chopping ice so cows can get a drink.  :-)  She added pearls to the Because I care focal point that are really hard to see in the picture but they add so much in real life.  The polka dot embossing folder adds just the right texture.  The second card is made by me.  I used the bliss SAB set--I LOVE that set and I am not going to elaborate as this card was posted last week so scroll down and you can see the details.

The first card here is made by Rachel.  I love the bright colors that the SAB dsp and quick accents bring to this card.  My favorite part is the scrunched peach parfait ribbon, a lovely touch.  The second card is made by Kristina and I love the fact that she utilized some scraps from the quick accents to pull her card together along with the butterfly (oh how I long to see one of those in real life).  The winter blues are really getting me here in this post.  Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoy these cards.




No comments:

Post a Comment