Thursday, February 2, 2012

Birthday wishes

Today's post has a birthday card that I made for Jillian's boyfriend.  Masculine cards are always difficult ones for me ....

It uses the Bring on the cake stamp set on page 66 of the current IB&C.  I dug out my stampin' pastels to color it in with.  The houndstooth embossing folder for some texture and linen thread to embellish with.  The vintage trinkets add to this card as well.  Pastels are a wonderful way to get all the colors from SU in one shot.  I just use a q-tip or the applicators that come with it to apply them and then a little aerosol hair spray to set them.  Quick and easy to use.  The flags on the left side are made by using a square punch and turn it upside down, slide your cardstock in to one of the corners, adjust so it's even and punch.  I hope that makes sense but if it doesn't just call me and book a workshop and let me know that you want to learn how to make those and we'll implement that into the class.  :-)  I'd love to stamp with you if you are fairly local!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment