Sunday, January 29, 2012

San Antonio Picks

I am going to share a make and take from the leadership I attended last week in San Antonio.  Stampin' Up!  spoils us so much at their events.  I came home with lots of FREE goodies.  The stamp set used here was one of those goodies, mixed bunch stamp set from the occasion's mini.  It has a punch to match called blossom and can be found on page 17 of that mini catalog.

While we were there we got the chance to attend some meetings to help us run our business.  I attended some great meetings by some SU employees and some demonstrators as well.
Brian Pilling had a great class on growing your downline.  He focused on 5 different points.  He had us right after lunch so had his hands full to keep us all awake!  Mid point thru his class I looked down my row--and some were sleeping!  We had really comfortable theatre chairs which made it tough--but no sleep in my eyes--too much info to take in!
You had to pick and choose your classes which is always tough for me but I took a class from Donna Griffith and Patsy Waggoner.  Donna is from the home office and Patsy is a demo as is Donna I believe.  Many of the workers at the home office are also demos which really is great as they undertand what we go thru.  The name of our conference was "My Way" and that is exactly what they focused on was to give us ideas of how to make it better doing it our way.  I got some great tips to engage your downline in this class.  I am excited to get these tips into use.
Natalie White and Jim Pitt did a class on coaching--now I never really looked at myself as a coach for my downline but I guess in a way I am.  I like to look at myself as their biggest cheerleader!  They gave some great decision making tips that we can use for our business or personal life.
Amy Schwartz and Paula Critchlow did a class on how to focus on the age group of 25-35 year olds--a new generation of stampers!  They did a survey of not just SU customers but lots of people in this age group.  Well over half value creativity.  We are all born with creativity; we just need to use it.  Some people think they are not creative--not true!  I have a daughter this age and so many of the things they talked about in this class made me think---wow, this is just like her!  They did a great job and this was a fun class to take.  Now they said 25-35 year olds but I think it is more like 18-35 years of age.
Keep in mind that this is a great time to be a customer, hostess, or new recruit.  With it being Sale-a-bration time we have great offers for all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment